Thursday 10 October 2013

The Pinterest Rabbit Hole - A lost weekend and a head full of inspiration

Something both terrible and magical happened to me this week.  

I discovered Pinterest  

Here I am: http://www.pinterest.com/amymorse184/boards

It all started with a bit of fun - looking at fantasy homes and swimming pools, and now it's getting serious - 19 boards and counting...

A lost weekend and a head full of inspiration is the net result.

I'm trying to control my Pinterest habit, but even as I write this, to paste in the link I had to login and then I had to twitch the curtains and 'pin' a few more lovely things.

Here are 5 tips, as a Pinterest novice, to make it work for you and prevent it from becoming a procrastination tool:

1 - Think carefully about how to title your boards.  Categorise your pins in an intuitive way so that you can find things again

2 - Download a widget for your toolbar, so that whenever you are browsing you can quickly capture and pin things 



3 -  It's a great research tool - If you are conducting some research for a project (IE: writing a book) set up a board for the project and pin all the links you browse so they are easy to find and reference in the future

4 - Pin regularly if you want people to find your pins, re-pin you and follow you

5 - Why reinvent the wheel.  This fabulous person has a board to follow on Pinterest Tips
(http://www.pinterest.com/kanter/pinterest-tips-and-tricks/)

Finally, it seems fitting to post a re-worked book art piece I did for my Project Book 365 (https://www.facebook.com/ProjectBook365) from Alice in Wonderland

Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment