Sunday 9 November 2014

Keep up the momentum

I made a commitment at the start of this year to blog seven actions weekly. I call the project:

 Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming A Successful Author

It's been tough keeping the momentum up for all this time.

Last week, I took the decision to focus on writing and take a break from such intense marketing. However, I have still completed some marketing actions this week;

Action 1:
Promoting and sharing the great guest blog by Marc Guberti 

Thanks Marc :)

Action 2: 
I visited some venues in Bristol and now have the venues for the treasure hunt booked. I still have a few bits and bobs to do for my crowdfund Celebration / Launch Party for Solomon's Secrets and I have also booked in another date for a Book Launch



Action 3:
I have created an Eventbrite listing for the launch event



Action 4:
I've been sending out invitations and scheduling in social media announcements about the event on Wednesday 26th November from 7pm at Small Bar in Bristol

Action 5:
Like many writers and creatives I love keeping lots of notebooks around. 

I've started using one notebook for Listography. I have been listing possible ways to market my book. Just the act of writing lists is useful and if I write them down I'm more likely to do them (I'm also fond of coloured pens!):



Action 6:
I'd like to showcase some work of other writers on here. 

As it's NaNoWriMo maybe you have some tips to share? 

Or are you willing to post the best 200 words of your NaNo project?

Action 7:
Writing, writing and more writing. I'm a bit behind on NaNoWriMo this week as we're in the middle of decorating but hopefully I can make up some time next week.


Bonus action this week:


I'm really excited about this one...

I am being interviewed about my writing on BBC Radio Bristol this Friday on the lunchtime show. Tune in: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiobristol



 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment