Thursday 4 April 2019

Becoming a Digital Nomad

I've just hosted a guest on my Learn To Love Your Words Business Blog

They contacted me about an infographic they had created on Becoming A Digital Nomad.

It's given me fresh food for thought and a renewed motivation to crack on and write the books and create the online workshop products I need to give me some regular income while we travel.

It's also got me thinking about my priorities and what I can do now to be better prepared.

My Priorities


My three top takeaways from this Infographic:

1) Live with less


  • Last month I wrote about Minimalism and  my quest to reduce the 'stuff' in my life. 

  • We've just hired cleaners to clean the house monthly and ahead of the first clean we had a good tidy up. 

  • We've already started to get rid of things and I've been gradually squirrelling away books and nic-nacs in the 'gift box' to give to friends and family for birthday and Christmas gifts.

  • We've started 'project summer house' - converting the old brick outhouse into a a summerhouse and tool shed. The idea of the project is to recycle as many resources as possible, so all that old flooring and paint under the stairs and all the old wood we have in the outbuilding will be used in the build, this  will free up space and reduce the junk!

It's a work in progress, but we're getting there.

2) Digitise Everything


I've settled on HubSpot as a way to keep track of my contacts and clients and I need to experiment with other digital tools to organise myself. There is probably more I can do via my Android phone - fewer notebooks!


3) Finances

  • Keep our debt to a minimum (we're already pretty good at this)
  • Build up our savings pot
  • Create digital products and an online sales funnel










No comments:

Post a Comment