Thursday 1 August 2013

5 little pleasures…



I am fortunate in that I take pleasure in little things that are easily overlooked.  Playful little nuggets of excitability are everywhere.  

Here are 5 things I’ve taken pleasure in today (I’m keeping it clean):

  1.  Biting into a dark chocolate covered raspberry I made yesterday.   A wonderful bitter sweet crunch then an oozing fruity middle 
  2. Sitting in the sunshine writing passages for my next book in bright pink pen
  3.  Hefting up a potato plant and getting dirt under my fingernails and all up my arm
  4. Enjoying said potatoes mashed up with lots of real butter
  5. The way my cat Homer actually seemed to say ‘where are you’ and ‘hello’ when he trotted in from the garden 
All these little things – tiny moments - they may seem insignificant, but add them all together and they grow.    

There are so many terrible things happening in the world, it’s easy to forget that we have so much to be grateful for, let’s not spoil it by finding reasons to be miserable.  


And a final thought… how many of you fancy mashed potatoes now?

1 comment:

  1. Defo pulling my spuds up too and having bangers and mash tomorrow well done aims on the growing front. I struggle to find use for my courgettes too but fritters are good. Bit of batter with strained grated courgette mixed in then fried eat with sour cream yum yum yummiest yum x x x

    ReplyDelete