Saturday 1 March 2014

Call for Guest Blogs on Marketing for Writers

March already! I can hardly believe it. It's the start of the third month of my Operation Author project.

Operation Author - 

365 Actions to Succeed as an Author

I'm tackling this weeks update a little differently because I'd really like some comments, contributions and feedback.

Calling anyone who would like to guest blog on marketing for writers - get in touch by tweeting me: @TomCatDesigns

This week my seven actions have been a mixture of marketing and creating:

Action 1: 
I'd like to feature some guest blogs from other writers and creatives with tips to offer on marketing and promotion - Anyone game?

I've picked up lots of ideas from this great blog by John Kremer

Action 2:
I hosted an event at The Hyrda Bookshop in Old Market, Bristol. There is a prize draw in the shop until end of March to win a signed copy of The Bronze Box

If you're in Bristol drop in and support one of the few independent bookshops left - they do great coffee: www.hydrabooks.org

The cake and bubbly went down very well!

This is my little display:




Action 3:
The Bronze Box was reviewed by Bookmuse - I'm really pleased with what they had to say - http://bit.ly/1kpIyhq

'...for a debut novel, this was a huge achievement. I’d recommend 
this to anyone with the same interests as mine looking for a new 
name in high-octane thrillers.' :)

Action 4:
I've got a mixed bag of Amazon reviews, so my next action is to ask if you've read it, I'd like to hear what you think. It all helps to encourage me and help me to improve my writing craft. Thanks

Action 5:
I filled in and sent off interview questions to Linda Parkinson-Hardman for the Thursday Throng feature on her blog. Look out for it.

Action 6:
I have recruited enough people for my 'Why Marketing your Book is Like Making a Pizza: A Marketing Workshop for Writers' and sending out confirmations

Action 7:
Writing more of 'Solomon's Secrets' - 10,000 words to go. I'm so close to finishing the first draft 

Feedback and comments always welcome - don't be shy, stop by and say Hi! 






No comments:

Post a Comment