Saturday 6 December 2014

Parties and Books...What else is there?

This update for

Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author

covers two weeks.

Last week I had an intensive period of writing to make up some lost time on NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and the two big things were my launch events. 

Here are some of the images from the celebration for Solomon's Secrets:




Every party must have bunting!


Goody bags and cutting the cake. It was awesome chocolate cake!
Myself and some friends. Left to right: My amazing husband Graham, me, Becky, Andy, Alice and Linzi

These pictures were from earlier in the evening, before the shots started to come out.


The second launch was decidedly less raucous. It was at Small Bar on King Street.

The books in their box

This week my seven actions have been:

1) I also completed NaNoWriMo


2) I have continued to write and I'd like to have the first draft of Gabriel's Game: Part 1, The White Queen, written by the end of the year.

3) I changed the price of the eBooks for The Bronze Box and Solomon's Secrets and started an offer on Black Friday. 

I'm going to to leave the two books at the lower price for the rest of the year.

Both are now available for $2.99 or £1.97

 

4) I've had my first review on Solomon's Secrets - 5 stars, a short but great review and what it now means is that the book is starting to come up organically on Amazon so I hope more people find it.

Thank you Judith Canterbury for taking the time to write it.


 5) My next action is to put an appeal out...

If you've read, or are in the process of reading Solomon's Secrets, please help me out by sparing a few minutes to write a review on Amazon.

If you email or tweet me with your Facebook/Twitter links I'll thank you publicly and follow you

Twitter: @TomCatDesigns

amy@tomcatdesigns.co.uk

(If you would like a free copy of the eBook in exchange for a review, also email me.)



6) My sixth action is to do some research to find out if there are other ways I can get some reviews for the book. I'll let you know how it goes.

7) I listed Solomon's Secrets on BookBzz



Have you found any good book listings sites?

Have you found a good way to get reviews?

Share your experiences here and help out other writers.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment