Sunday 14 December 2014

Pulling faces in the mirror and other writers habits...

This week for 

Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author

I've not quite built up to seven actions and with Christmas approaching, my time is going to be more and more diverted. I plan to continue this 365 project into January before starting a new one.

My first action has been to think about what 365 project I might do in 2015. I put a question on my Project Book 365 Facebook page:




What do you think I should do?


Vote here:  https://www.facebook.com/ProjectBook365


My second action was to create some 'writers problems posters'

 























 






















My third action had been to schedule in lots of social media updates on Twitter and Facebook using these posters and other content, follow me there. I've also been pinning them on Pinterest, find me there too.

My fourth action was to map out 'Gabriel's Game, part 1: The White Queen' - Here's how I plan my books:

 I start with a blank sheet and mark the first chapter and the last chapter







The blue post its are character groups and a key 
The yellow post its are the scenes







I have 1 post it per scene and plot them out






Finally, I've marked the scenes I've written with orange.




As I write I can rearrange the scenes and connect them together. I may add, merge or remove scenes and I can then swap the post its around until everything fits neatly together







My fifth action had been to make writing related Xmas presents. I don't want to say what they are until after Xmas in case of spoilers.

My final actions have been writing. I have set myself a target to complete the first draft of
'Gabriel's Game, part 1: The White Queen' by the end of the year.



Arr - I've just seen a You Tube video of a Dr Who feature called 'Gabriel's Game' - I might have to rethink the title of the book...












 

No comments:

Post a Comment