Thursday 1 January 2015

Ideas are powerful, ideas change your world

What is Idea'ism?

It's the place where I put my ideas and invite 
others to share their perspective.

Ideas are powerful, ideas change your world.





For the past two years I have done 365 day projects. 



Through the experience of completing daily goals I am training myself to be goal orientated, breaking down big projects into baby action steps. 
This approach takes discipline, but doesn't have to take a lot of time, perhaps less than an hour a day. 
It takes 21 days to make something a habit so once you establish that routine, completing daily actions becomes as natural as having regular meals.



A year is a long time to commit to one thing, so I have kept my projects deliberately vague to give myself some scope and variety to fuel creativity, but at the same time, everything must hang from a single over arching theme so that there is something specific to achieve.



The projects so far have been related to books and writing. My dream is to make a living from writing so it is important to me that I keep my projects relevant.



In 2013 it was 'Project Book 365' where I did something creative every day on the theme of books. Here's the Facebook page for the project: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectBook365




And a couple of my most notable daily projects. 

 
Day 363 - a raggy book with part finished projects, and failed experiments

Day 214 - publishing my first book



In 2014 I completed 'Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author'. I did a weekly blog update of 7 actions, many being marketing actions, to inspire other writers.



In 2015 I'm going to build on this foundation and my next project will be...



The Authorpreneur Almanac:
365 Adventures in Writing and Entrepreneurship



Throughout the year I'll be doing weekly updates of tips, ideas, inspiration and features for writers who are also entrepreneurs aka Authorpreneur's


At the end of the year I'll tie it all together to produce an almanac. In 2016 I will then have a comprehensive book to share that I hope will inspire and enable others to follow their own writing dreams. 


Happy New Year everyone - 
Here's to a successful and productive 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment