Tuesday 18 October 2016

Building a Book Trailer - Part 2


Back in August, I shared my progress and ideas to create a book trailer for the Sheridan and Blake books. Read part 1 HERE.

Stage one involved regular meetings, my filmmaker familiarising herself with the books and between us building the concept and laying the foundations. I set about collecting cuttings, images, quotes, maps and articles to build the investigation web, as featured in the Bronze Box .


"On one wall were pictures and maps with pins in them, linked with string in a web of investigation that looked as if it had been consuming him." 
  
I've mocked up elements from the web, which will form the basis of the trailer concept and posted a few of them on my @AmyCFitzjohn Instagram.



 
Since then, Roslyn (my film Producer/Director) has finished reading all the books and has pulled out the quotes, scenes, and images that sum up the story well for the trailer. She has started to storyboard it all and build a plan on a spreadsheet.

At our last meeting, I had the giddy thrill of being able to 'see' what she was thinking and could feel the excitement mounting. We aim to start the filming in November and I've been location scouting this week.

For Tom's office at The Agency, I've found a great space that we could hire for the day and effectively turn it into a film studio, at Filwood Green Business Park.




 I'll keep you posted on our progress!





If you enjoy my blogs, say thank you by keeping me fuelled with coffee.
£2.50 / $3 will get me a cappuccino! Thanks :)

Save
Save

No comments:

Post a Comment