Wednesday 20 December 2017

A Year in Insta-Pics

'Tis the Season... to reflect on another trip around the sun.

Social Media is essentially just a microblog, and a great way to look back on what's happened throughout the year. 

My Twitter feed is endless, and Facebook much the same - aside from Facebook randomly flashing up 'memories' from years back - but Instagram, is a great way to look back on a chronological slideshow of snapshots.
 
Here I am...

Amy's Pretty Little Insta-Feed

(Follow me and I'll follow back..)
 
I'm going to go ahead and admit that I'm not a big fan of Instagram. 

As someone who uses a PC or Laptop as my primary device (I'm a writer, I need a keyboard), it irritates me that I'm forced to faff around with a stupid phone to share things; especially when the image was taken with a 'proper camera' (yes, some of us still use those). 

I end up copying images from my camera to Dropbox or emailing it to myself and saving it to the phone and then sharing it (pain in the backside!). 

I also find Instagram generally a bit clunky to use (although I do like the filters). As a consequence, I only post a picture every few days and it's often on impulse. It means my feed genuinely is a neat visual record of what was in my brain that day.

Here's some of my favourite pics from a rather lovely year...

A year filled with coffee, beer, cake, novelty stationery, books, writing, flowers, hats, art, beaches, cats and Bristolness!



What were your favourite moments (immortalised on Instagram or otherwise) from 2017?




No comments:

Post a Comment