Saturday 25 January 2014

Operation Author - Week 3

Week three of my project...

Operation Author - 365 actions to succeed as an author

...and I've already been creating some chatter in the writing community.  It really feels like I'm making progress.

So this is what I've done this week - I hope it gives you the motivation and inspiration to grab your creative career by the balls and do something to make things happen every day - no matter how small:

Day 1 - Sunday 19th January: I took to Twitter and started following lots of writers.

I discovered how to use 'Lists' and categorised all the people I follow.  It took hours but was worth it.  I now add new people I follow to the relevant list as I go along.

Here's how they work: http://bit.ly/1hVV6wl

With Lists you can filter your feed by topic.  The more people you follow the more this comes into its own, as your main feed will fill up with hundreds of new tweets every second and can quickly be overwhelming.

This way, you can just click through your lists and find relevant tweets.

Build it into your routine to look at one list a day to avoid being swamped.

I'm no Twitter expert by I'm learning a lot about its potential.

I sent personal tweets of my tips from last week to writers and got lots of attention and new followers.

I am also following back pretty much everyone who follows me and only categorising those that are relevant in my lists.  This way, my stats and influence increase and people who may otherwise not see me will start to notice and follow me.

Day 2 - I subscribed to Klout. This tool helps you to measure your influence on Social Media.  Connect your accounts and start looking at your stats.

My Klout Score has been steadily going up this week from 40 at the start of the weekend, to 47 at the end, and now it's 53


Above are my notifications, below is what that means...


...I'm getting closer to the top 5% of users and I'm pretty pleased with that!

Day 3 - I discovered Author Directory and added a listing that has since been approved: http://bit.ly/1gc3dHC

Day 4 - I submitted a guest blog to Make Something 365  - When it's published I'll share the link

Day 5 -  I've been invited to write a guest post for Sky Light Train  - When it's published I'll share the link

Day 6 - I downloaded this 
http://bestsellerlabs.com/the-bestseller-labs-guide-for-authors/ which I hope will generate some ideas and keep me motivated.

Day 7 - I've been offered an interview by Viv at Audio Byte.

Here's the recent article about her in the Sunday Telegraph: http://bit.ly/1e48JZH

The interview is set up for tomorrow over Skype.  I'm really excited and flattered to be asked.

The interview is on the back of the article I wrote on Pinterest for
Socialmedia4writers: http://bit.ly/1dE3P6X


Wish my luck!

Would you recommend anyone I should connect with?

No comments:

Post a Comment