Saturday 10 May 2014

Keys, scrolls, cheesy videos and crowdfunding

My seven actions this week for 

Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author 

have largely been about keeping up the momentum for the crowdfund pitch.

https://www.fundsurfer.com/project/independently-publishing-solomons-secrets-event






I've finished the edits for The Bronze Box now too. The second edition is the edition I will be offering through the crowdfund, having corrected mistakes that slipped through the in first edition, added a new Epilogue and updated the cover. Thanks to my very talented brother Lewis: https://twitter.com/MrLewisFitzjohn,  for contributing the artwork for the cover.




  • I met with Olly and Derek from Fundsurfer this week and went over my marketing plan with them.


  • I also had a 1 to 1 with a business adviser from a new enterprise support agency in Bristol.

  • I've created some leaflets and had an idea about rolling them into a scroll so they look like a treasure map



The first batch of keys that I made up with labels on them have now all gone out to various places across Bristol and I went into a key cutting shop in Bedminster and got another handful of keys from his reject box in exchange for a donation to the charity pot. These key labels are different to the first batch and are just for the crowdfund



  • I've posted an out take video on You Tube that was cut from my crowdfund pitch but it's worth a watch if you're curious about my stories:
 
Watch my video here:




What do you think?

Is there anything here that inspires you?


 



No comments:

Post a Comment