Saturday 3 May 2014

It's alive! The beast lives!

My Operation Author: 365 Actions to Succeed as an Author this week has all been about my crowdfunding pitch.

By talking the time to put together a good pitch and offer some attractive rewards, and by choosing a local start up, I am maximising the chances of getting some widespread publicity for Solomon's Secrets.

The fund was launched this week...

It's ALIVE!

Here it is: https://www.fundsurfer.com/project/independently-publishing-solomons-secrets-event

Take a look and tell me what you think (and have a giggle at my cheesy video).



My seven actions have been related to publicising and launching the crowdfund and have included;
 
  • I was the speaker at the Fundsurfer launch party on Thursday night. I'm a confident public speaker and find that I have most impact when I get in front of people - my challenge is to find ways to do this
  • I did some networking at an event at The Greenway Community Centre on Friday and met a couple of really useful contacts. One who edits a couple of local magazines so I'm going to meet with him for a coffee to discuss writing some content for them.
  • Putting together a marketing plan for the crowdfund. I'll be meeting the guys at Fundsurfer next week to go through it and pick their brains
  • Sending out lots of emails to my network with links to the crowdfund
  • My Klout score went up, I spent so much time on twitter spreading the word and responding to people
  • I've written an article on my experience of crowdfunding. It will go in the next issue of Prowess Women in Business. I currently have an article in there about the power of telling stories to attract customers - http://www.prowess.org.uk/stories-about-your-business


Have you ever tried crowdfunding?

If so, what worked for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment