Saturday 21 June 2014

Crowds, BBQ's and Sunshine...

Crowds, BBQ's and Sunshine... and no, I'm not talking about the World Cup. In fact, I've been actively avoiding it!

This week, my seven actions for  
 
Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author

Have involved keeping the momentum going with the crowdfund, continuing to serialize Solomon's Secrets and finding ways to write outside so that I can enjoy sunshine and BBQ's in a rare week long spell of good weather in England. #SolomonsSecrets

I wrote a guest blog for Bristol Books Blog this week on Crowdfunding, offering tips to other writers considering this route to publication

Read the guest post here

I've been talking with a local publisher and have just over a month and under £300 still to raise to get Solomon's Secrets published. Please support me, so I can support a local publisher and a local crowdfund start up, get my book independently published and in local bookshops.

  • Signed paperbacks are £10 (inc P&P)
  • Kindle books are £3

http://bit.ly/SolomonsSecrets_Fund



I've been experimenting with audio and recorded the first chapter on SoundCloud

Listen to the prologue here

I have continued to serialize Solomon's Secrets on here and I have also put the first 6 chapters on a downloadable file on my website

Download the first 6 chapters here

I've made some miniature manuscripts that I'm going to guerrilla market around Bristol. Look out for these little books. I've already left one in The Lounge on North Street.

Look out for these in Bristol

I've also been writing the old fashioned way this week. Sitting in the garden or in one of Bristol's lovely parks, with a notebook and writing passages for the next book in the Sheridan and Blake Mysteries series, Gabriel's Game.

And finally, this week I have also released the second edition of The Bronze Box.

The kindle version is out now and the paperback proof has been ordered.

You can still get the first edition in Paperback at the moment, but only until the proof has been approved.  

The kindle version of the first edition is already out of publication. So if you want to own a rare book, warts and all, get in there quick! 

If you'd like a signed copy of this rare paperback, please email me. I have four left in stock and will sign a copy and post it to you for £10 (inc. P&P).


The Second Edition of The Bronze Box features a new epilogue, I've corrected the errors that slipped through the editing process and there is new cover art.


 You can also get copies of both The Bronze Box and Solomon's Secrets via the crowdfund.

Look out for more chapters of Solomon's Secrets being serialized here and please spread the word.

I'm off to enjoy the sunshine in Bristol and have a BBQ later!
 
Thanks for reading and supporting me.





No comments:

Post a Comment