Thursday 5 June 2014

Slacking and procrastination must be elminated...

I've been a bit of a slacker this week - I'm really late with this update and my only excuse is that I am a victim of procrastination (and also have cold which is sapping my energy and motivation).

What keeps you motivated and stops the dreaded procrastination monster from getting you?... 

Please share your tips in the comments below

Here are my seven actions for  

Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author



I read an extract from Solomon's Secrets at a Small Stories event at The Birdcage.

Front cover image. The book will be out August/September


These regular events are always enjoyable, with local writers reading out their work and a local artists doing live illustrations.

I went to an Online Marketing seminar organised by Bristol News and Media and have some actions to link up my online presence more effectively. The presenter, John Bonney has written an interesting article on online marketing here:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Small-business-grasp-online-marketing-says-expert/story-20826537-detail/story.html

I printed off loads of flyers about Solomon's Secrets and the celebration event on 5th September at Averys Wine Cellars.

I spent a day leafleting all around Bristol

I printed off some sample booklets with a few short chapters and a book blurb. I went to a hen party at the weekend and caught up with lots of people I'd not seen for ages and gave them all booklets and encouraged them to spread the word.

I added the hashtag #SolomonsSecrets to relevant pins on my Pinterest boards so that people following me on Pinterest can find out more.

Here I am: http://www.pinterest.com/amymorse184/

I have boards for my book research and images of characters that I find really useful while I'm writing.

I've been editing Solomon's Secrets but still need to get books back from my beta readers to see their comments and changes. 

I've found some really useful links for book editing and added them to my 'Writing' Pinterest Board

I had to tweet the revelation about removing the unnecessary use of 'that', 'really' and 'like' that I read in a useful article on LitReactor: 

http://litreactor.com/columns/8-words-to-seek-and-destroy-in-your-writing



So now it's back to writing, I've been in my own head for much of today and it's about time I committed some of it to 'paper'.






2 comments:

  1. Here's a tip: Be more organised with social media, don't waste hours looking at pointless stuff, have a plan and stick to what's relevant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip - thanks. Scheduling posts on platforms like Hootesuite or Tweetdeck really help with this.

    ReplyDelete