Sunday 29 June 2014

Lucky 13, an appeal for help and a call for guest posts...

This week for 

Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author 

My 7 tasks have revolved around working towards getting Solomon's Secrets published.

My first action was to meet with Silverwood Books about publishing the book through them. I have some thinking to do then get back to them with what I would like.

I saw some examples of the books they've published and had a long chat over a cup of tea. I'd really like to work with them but everything depends on the success of the crowdfund.

My next action was to put an update on Fundsurfer, briefing those who've already pledged and providing more information to those that haven't, in the hope that it will resonate and they'd like to support me.

Link to the update here
 My next action is an appeal for help...

If you've been enjoying the updates. If you've read some of the extracts and think that this a project worth supporting, please get involved.

Of course, if you ever need help spreading a message I'll help you out too if you've helped me :)

There are several ways you could help:

Twitter

Follow me on Twitter and I’ll follow you back:
https://twitter.com/TomCatDesigns
Facebook
Pinterest
 
Follow and share the Pinterest boards on the book:
Here’s the board of actors I imagine as my characters:
http://www.pinterest.com/amymorse184/solomons-secrets-characters/

Here’s the board of research links that I sourced when writing the book:
http://www.pinterest.com/amymorse184/solomons-secrets-research-links-and-images/


My next action is to call for guest posts. 

Have you got an idea for a post on marketing tips for creatives / writers?

I'm looking for short pieces of approximately 500 words. Share your tips and experiences here.

Tweet me if you are interested:

https://twitter.com/TomCatDesigns

This action is a funny example of how small the world is. 


I sent a press release to the Wellington Weekly News
 
They printed the piece. Later, on Facebook, a friend in New Zealand who's mum had sent them a copy of the Welly Weekly to mark the birth of their son (they too grew up in Wellington Somerset), posted an image. It was the issue I was in...


The next action associated with this is that my old school, Court Fields Community School contacted me and asked me to be the key note speaker at their awards ceremony. I'll be talking to pupils at my former school about following your dreams, entrepreneurship and writing on 10th July.


And finally, I'm still serializing chapters of Solomon's Secrets from time to time and this week I posted chapter 13

Please get in touch if you'd like to guest post and help support my publishing ambitions.  Thanks


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment