Tuesday 15 July 2014

Real world marketing

This week my seven actions for my 365 day project

Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming a Successful Author

...have been in the real world...

Action 1:

I was interviewed by Eli Trier for her blogsite - The link isn't up yet, but when it is I'll share it. I do love meeting fellow writers and having a good natter about books and writing and sharing some tips, advice and inspiration with each other.

Action 2:

I went to networking event with Social Media South West - bringing social media into the real world. Spoke to some really interesting people.

Action 3:

After a tweet from Matt Burns who found one of my mini manuscripts I'm all fired up and have made some more this week. I'll be spreading them around Bristol in the next few days



Action 4:

The highlight of my week was being invited back to my old school, Court Fields, in Wellington, Somerset. 

I spent a day in classes with some of the kids and spoke about writing, following your dreams etc. They had loads of questions and were a lovely bunch. I also worked with a Creative Writing GCSE group who read out some of their stories. There was some really good work. 

I was asked to be the guest speaker at their awards ceremony and gave a speech and handed out awards. I put my speech onto prompt cards and here's the last one:



I really liked the line I finished on; 'Your life is a story - make yours a best seller'

Action 5:

I sent a press release to the Wellington Weekly News about the event. Hopefully they'll publish it. Here's the picture I sent them with the flowers I was presented with:



Action 6:

I printed off more A6 leaflets about Solomon's Secrets. I was at a wedding in rural Somerset over the weekend and left leaflets at the venues I visited and it was handy to give to guests who asked about my books. 



Action 7:

I had a proof copy of Solomon's Secrets back from another beta reader this week and have some changes to make on the manuscript. This will be the final edit I'll be making before, hopefully, handing it over to the publishers.

I'm still short of my target for the crowdfund that will enable me to publish with Silverwood Books 




If you enjoyed The Bronze Box, if you've enjoyed reading the extracts from Solomon's Secrets here, please help by pledging so that I can publish better and sexier this time!

eBooks are £3
Paperbacks £10 (inc P&P)



 


 

1 comment: