Sunday 26 October 2014

A freebie and a case of the sniffles

This week my seven actions for...


Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming A Successful Author


...have been somewhat hampered by the onset of a nasty cold that's left me a in a snotty, barely-able-to-function, thick-headed mess.

My first action is a follow up from last week.

I published a post specifically to encourage people to take up the offer of the free eBook: http://ideaism.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/get-your-free-ebook-here-now.html

Calling all bookaholics:

Would you like a free eBook in exchange for a review?


If you're looking for something new to read and would like to help an indie author out, email me: amy@tomcatdesigns.co.uk

This offer expires 31st October 2014 - so hurry!
  
My second action is to tweet lots of eBook tweeters and promoters to spread the word

My third action was to have a go at writing the blurb for the next book in the Sheridan and Blake Adventure series.

It will be one book, made up of two novellas:



Gabriel's Game, Part 1: The White Queen



Gabriel's Game, Part 2: The Back Knight

The titles are a nod to the first book, The Bronze Box, in which White Queen is a code name for my heroine, Sasha Blake and Black Knight is a code name for my hero, Tom Sheridan when they arrange to rendezvous at a giant chess set in Amsterdam.

Source: http://www.waymarking.com/

Book Blurb for Gabriel's Game, part 1: The White Queen


Book Blurb for Gabriel's Game, part 2: The Black Knight
I've already started collecting research links on a Pinterst board for Gabriel's Game, with links for both parts of the book.



I used these blurbs for my fourth action.

I am going to do NaNoWriMo again this year and hope to get a good chunk of both books written in a month.

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo: NaNoWriMo.org) is an annual event where writers are encouraged to write a novel (50,000 words) in the month of November.

I've set up my profile ready to go on the the 1st November.

Here's my page: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/amycm/novels/gabriel-s-game

My fifth action was going to a critique meeting with other writers and getting feedback on a short story about the heroine of my books, Sasha Blake. I'm now doing further research and re-writes. I'll publish it on here when it's ready.

My sixth action was to write a feature on my top 10 tips for a crowdfund for Fundsurfer's blog. I'll share it when it's published

My final action this week has been setting up an interview for BBC Radio Bristol. It'll be taking place on Friday 14th November at 12:30pm. I've enjoyed the other radio interviews I've done for community radio stations and excited about entering the hallowed halls of the BBC office in Bristol.

Back to reading a book with a mug of hot lemon and honey on hand





No comments:

Post a Comment