Sunday 19 October 2014

Seeking bookaholics looking for a freebie....

This week my seven actions for...

Operation Author: 365 Actions to Becoming A Successful Author


...are dealing with the fall out of releasing Solomon's Secrets...

My first action was to shout about it all over social media. 

I've scheduled in lots of updates etc. 

I'm conscious that I don't want to be one of those people who just tries to sells everyone their stuff on Twitter so I've scheduled in announcements in intervals with other content in amongst my usual tips and content sharing.

There's an 80/20 rule with Social Media:

80% is sharing content 
20% is promotion

My next action is to offer the eBook for free to anyone willing to review it.



Calling all bookaholics - Would you like a free eBook in exchange for a review?


If you're looking for something new to read and would like to help an indie author out, email me: amy@tomcatdesigns.co.uk

This offer expires 31st October 2014 - so hurry!

My third action has been to follow up all of the people who pledged to the crowdfund and send out book and eBooks. I set my husband the mission of converting the books into an eBook format that I could email out to people. He had a battle with it but got there in the end. 

Getting in touch with them all individually and responding to them is taking a lot of time this week - Can I count that as a few actions? I've not had time to do much else this week!

...why not...

My last few actions this week have been to; post a student placement vacancy on Missionly. 

Their site was down at the time of writing this so I can't share the link to my advert, but here's the general one: www.missionly.co.uk


Fingers crossed there is a student in the Bristol area looking for a Publicist Placement who'd be up for helping me out - I could do with an extra pair of hands!

An action that came out of the Books Are My Bag event with Southville Writers and Bristol Women writers is that I've started working on a guest blog on for an online Bristol Lifestyle blog. If it gets accepted I'll share it with you. 


Another action is that I have been editing the short story 'I met someone'.

It's a conversation between the heroine of my books, Sasha Blake, and her grief counsellor, Lucy. It's set in 2004 and picks up from the scene in The Bronze Box where Sasha first meets Tom Sheridan in a seemingly chance encounter at The British Museum. They have a brief affair, before going their separate ways and not meeting again until 2013.

A follow up action is to take it to our Southville Writers critique group this week and get some feedback from the others.

When I'm happy with it I'll post it here.

I've just counted back...result... that's seven actions - I've done more than I thought this week!

What marketing actions have you got planned for this week?




 

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment